6.27.2006

My Week at Ferncliff, Or Round of Applause for Ashley as Camp Counselor



I did it, and I loved every minute of it.

For 5 nights and 5 days, I got to hang out with 16 girls between the ages of 11 and 13. I experienced a week long flash back of what it is like to be a preteen girl - what could possibly be more fun? Okay, maybe a lot of things would be more fun, but I still had a great time. I just can't believe I was ever so boy crazy. I also answered about 12,000 questions: What are we doing next? Then what? Will I need my beach towel? Can I go to the bathroom? Would it be rude for me to take a picture of that lifeguard? Why do we have to walk there? Is there any cold water anywhere? What is that smell? Why can't I wear flip-flops to climb the bouldering wall - my tennis shoes don't match my outfit? And on and on and on. I'm pretty sure I answered questions in my sleep.

Here are some more pictures of my unforgettable camp (not to be confused with camp-ing) experience.


These are some of the younger girls that came to our Heart 4 Art camp.



This is a nighttime round of "Mafia," a game which I must admit is really fun.


This is Taylor at archery, and Jenni (my co-counselor) explaining the finer points of shooting without injuring anyone.



This photo and the next one are of the boys who were the focal point of the week for all of my girls: the Bike and Hike guys.



All I heard about this crew was: "Ohmigosh they are soooo cute!"


3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

oh, man. that reminds me so much of camp yorktown bay, where mary, erin and i all had a crush on "wolverine nick" (the boys' cabins all had macho names) and the much older lifeguard "fuzzy mike" (i know, sounds dirty, but it was just cause his head was in a buzz-cut. i swear.).

4:37 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

or was it "nick the wolverine"?? i don't remember...

4:38 PM  
Blogger Ashley said...

sounds scary, honey, I hope you've recovered. what would trevor's macho name be? hmm...

9:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home